The BEST Pumpkin RollTip: Put cream cheese and butter in bowl and set aside to soften. Line a 10x13 or 10x15 cookie sheet with foil, leaving about 2 inches of foil on each end and fold under. Spray with cooking spray or grease with shortening (not too much though). Preheat oven to 375Ingredients for the Roll
3 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar (we use white sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Chopped pecans/walnuts/any nut really (Optional)Ingredients for the Filling
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
3 TBSP butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugarDirections
1) Combine the eggs and pumpkin.
2) Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3) Add the dry ingredients mixture to the pumpkin/egg mixture slowly and mix well.
4) Pour batter into cookie sheet and spread evenly.
5) Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if so desired
6) Bake for 15-18 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK, it will continue to cook after you bring it out of the oven) Sides will be lightly brown and middle will spring back when touched.
7) Cool enough to move foil with cake to counter to prevent continued cooking. (you should do this within ~2 mins)
Cool about 30 minutes, then loosen the foil from the cake with your hand. Roll the cake up in the foil and set aside to cool completely (a couple hours is best).
9)Combine all of the filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
10) Unroll the cake and spread with filling.
11) Roll the cake back up and wrap with foil or plastic wrap.
12) Refrigerate for a couple hours
13) Serve when chilled.
It can be frozen if desired.