Hello, I'm new to selling my crafts. I make all kinds of hair accessories like bows and clips and flowers and some other clothing accessories. I usually only make and sell things by word of mouth.
I am interested in participating in craft shows and starting a website to sell items. I have a few questions for anyone willing to help me.
- Do I NEED a merchant account to sell items and accept credit cards and checks at a show?
- Where could I look for a merchant account with the smallest fees?
- What kind of tax papers should I be prepared to fill out in Virginia? (the people i talked to on the phone were not helpful)
- What is the best company to go with for accepting credit cards at craft shows?
- On the company's with the card swipe, do I just swipe the card and take the customers information down to get paid? Or are there more steps than that?