This is my costume for Halloween this year. The inspiration was vintage ceramic lambs with the huge huge eyes and long long lashes.
The mask was made first using gauze strips that were already treated with Plaster of Paris and just needed to get wet. After the initial part, I used a lot of muslin with Elmer's glue layered carefully to create the shape of the mask. Once the muslin was all dry and thick enough that I felt comfortable with it, I layered on white acrylic paint. I'm not sure how many layers there are, but enough to where I sanded it a few times in between so it set smooth. The rest of the paint is acrylic with a shiny coat of Elmer's. The eyelashes were made from black feathers cut very thin.
The body was NOT from a pattern. I have no use for patterns. What I did use, though, was a pair of pants which I set over the fabric, cut out the pants shape and sewed up the inside of the legs. I also used one of my hoodies as a template for the top. The top required a bit more work as there was a chest piece, the two arm pieces, and the hooded part that all needed to be sewn together.
The ears are not stuffed but I did handstitch on the piece of pink felt, then handstitched it to the hood. The tail IS stuffed and was handstitched to the butt.
The yellow bow was machine-sewn as well as my mittens. One side is the white faux fur, the other side was the natural-colored muslin that I had used for the mask. I traced around my hand and then sewed it up. The palm has spots of puffy paint on it, which enabled me to grip things easier.
I wore pink shoes because my hoof plan didn't pan out in time.
My kitty didn't know what to think