This curious creation was made by sheepblue.GALLERY
Swap name: Curiosity Cabinet Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: artsycandice
Sign-up date range: 12/29/16-1/14/17
Date to send item by: 2/20/17Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? Crafster requirements
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESDETAILS OF SWAP
A Cabinet of Curiosities is described by Wikipedia as:
"... encyclopedic collections of objects whose categorical boundaries were, in Renaissance Europe, yet to be defined. Modern terminology would categorize the objects included as belonging to natural history (sometimes faked), geology, ethnography, archaeology, religious or historical relics, works of art (including cabinet paintings), and antiquities."
Read more on that entry here
This swap is for two items. One medium and one small. You DO NOT need to have an actual cabinet to participate in this swap, and we are NOT swapping for an entire cabinet. This is for the the little interesting bits that one might find inside. Your interests don't need to be bizarre or disturbing to be a part of this swap. You could be into real preserved insect and animal parts as comfortably as someone else might want a little paper butterfly collection.
Swap size guidelines:
This swap will be for 1 Medium and 1 small.No one likes to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, PLEASE DON'T SIGN UP.
If you know you will be late or unable to complete the swap please let me know ASAP.
Communication is a must. Everyone is required to post on the thread at least once before the swap begins.
Tracking (formerly called delivery confirmation) is required within the U.S., please send the tracking number to both your partner and organizer when you send. Please keep you mailing receipt if you are sending internationally.PM both your Partner and organizer when you send and receive.
Please post pictures of what you receive. Your partner worked hard on it and we would all love to see it! If you cannot post up please let your partner know as soon as you know. Make sure you take pictures of everything you send just in case.
*Although posting pictures is not a requirement to receive positive feedback.*
Previous swap: Curiosity Cabinet Swap
* If you want to participate, please send a PM with information below to the organizer - artsycandice.QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Curiosity Cabinet Swap Round 2
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Please list at least six themes/items that you would like your partner to be inspired by:
Do you want something crafted to fit an existing cabinet? Y/N
If yes, please provide the dimensions of the space (in inches): Height: Width: Depth:
What kind of items would you like to receive?
What kind of crafty skills do you have?
Are there any specific crafty skills you especially admire?
Anything you don't want to receive? (gore, real animal parts, cutesy things,...)
Are there any materials your partner shouldn't use? (leather, feathers, wool,..)
Do you have any allergies?
Are there any allergens in your home (furry pets, smokers, etc.?)
Are you able to post pictures in the gallery?
Do you have an Etsy favorites or pinterest?
Is there any other information you would like your partner or the organizer to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER artsycandice VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.