Phew! Crisis resolved. It was the tension wheel that wasn't on quite right. I felt sick I tell you.
Ok, on my honor as a seamstress I will not take apart a sewing machine again (yes this wasn't the first
Help help please help. I was sewing some doll clothes when my bobbin ran out. While the bobbin was winding I noticed a lot of lint in the machine. So being the idiot curious jackass that I am I slid the side of the machine casing off. It took some good oomp but I thought it was meant to come off in order to change the light bulb anyway. (its not I looked at the manual later and the bulb gets changed with a little tool from underneath) Ok, so then I had a heck of a time getting the side casing back on. Finally I got it to go back on but not before the upper thread tension wheel came off a few times.
So then I put in my new bobbin and oh the horror! The thread is bunching up on the under side of the fabric like crazy. Masses of thread. I changed to a different bobbin, I changed to a different top thread. I took the side casing back off and fiddled with the tension wheel.
Please tell me I didn't completely ruin my machine! Its a Pfaff Quilt Expresions if that helps at all.
Oh and I'm posting here because this is where I post a lot and I don't know if there is a sewing machine forum somewhere.