I orginally made this skirt about 8 months ago...it was the first skirt I'd ever made so it was pretty wonky and had a lot of messups. For one, I lined it with fabric that was way too stiff so it stuck out like something from the Jetsons...two, it had some plastic black dots sewn to the hem as fringe and they were soooo cute but it just weighed the skirt down and made a lot of noise when I walked...third, I had no idea how to insert a waistband and that just worked out horribly!
So this really cute messed up skirt has been hanging in my closet since. I wanted to just make another one but now I can't find this fabric ANYWHERE...so I decided the whole thing had to be reconstructed. It was a major pain to rip out all the seams (I had a lot of them and they were tiny) but I finally got this thing put back together the right way.
I replaced the plastic dot fringe on the bottom with black lace...I had to put some black lace under the waistband to cover up where I had to rip the seams out from the old waistband. I think it turned out nicely, and you can't tell it was ever messed up.
Here's a detailed photo of the waistband and the white tulle gathered underneath.
I wish I had thought to take a picture of the original version. It really didn't look bad unless you looked closely at the seams but man, this is an improvement! I love it...wish it wasn't so damn cold outside now or I'd wear it everywhere!