Here is a picture of the finished piece: an adorable Franken Kitty:
And HERE is the Hideous Freak Baby ($2.99 from Goodwill) from which the Kitty was born:
Shield your eyes! It's HIDEOUS!!!
HOW I DID IT:
1) I started with the Freak Baby by breaking off its lower legs and entire arms:
2) From there, I covered it with foil and began covering it with rolled out sheets of white polymer clay (I use Sculpey), and shaping the clay with hands and tools to create the body:
3) After baking (I baked between almost each step), I added a wire and foil armature to create arms:
4) Then, I sculpted the arms and head and face, adding head pins as whiskers:
5) I began painting with acrylics. It was okay--but the stomach was too pink (made me think of babyish stuffed toys), so i went through several layers after this of different tones until i was right):
6) Finally, after much painting and detail work, I arrived at this:
7) I knew the eyes needed to be JUST RIGHT--so i created button eyes with polymer clay (even the "thread" is magenta clay):
And here he is! The Franken Kitty:
Thanks for looking! Comment with any questions, and please vote for me! Or the kitty gets it...
This kitty is my creation...it's...ALIVE!!!