So, this year I wasn't sure what to go as until I saw a zombie nurse costume that reminded me of the Silent Hill nurses. They certainly freaked me out when playing the game, so it seemed like a good and scary idea! And to go with it my boyfriend decided he'd go as Pyramid Head. We've never done a 'couples' costume before, or even matching ones for that matter so I was pretty excited. We did decide pretty late on though... I made the nurse in 3 weeks and Pyramid Head in 1 week (evenings and weekends)
So, here they are:
The nurses dress is bought from a fancy dress shop. I removed the little red crosses it had sewn on the dress and hat, then dyed and stained them with a LOT of tea bags. I then used watered down acrylic for the final stains and kind of flicked it and smeared it on. The shoes (although I now realise you can't actually see them in the pic, oops!) were some old leopard print pumps I had. I used acrylic paint to paint them the correct colour and create the dirty stained look. The mask is a combination of liquid latex, stretchy bandages and toilet tissue. It was sculpted on a mannequins head that I padded out to the correct size using newspaper and sticky tape. I used stretched out bandage and tights to hide the holes for my eyes and mouth. I slit the mask up the back and added a fabric flap with velcro to fasten it. I then painted the whole thing with acrylic paints. Various shades and colours of face and body paint to finish the look.
For the Pyramid Head costume we decided it would be too cold to go topless so I dyed a white long-sleeved t-shirt with tea and added stains to it using the same method as above. The apron I made from scratch out of some off white heavy weight fabric I bought. I didn't use a pattern, just measured up my boyfriend and started cutting (the fabric, not him). I then stained it using the tea and acrylic method as before, but with added fake blood that I had bought. The sword/cleaver I made using a plastic sword we already had as a base covered with cardboard and paper mache, then painted in acrylic and fake blood added. The head piece was made in a similar way, out of cardboard and paper mache painted with acrylic. I also added some holes covered with cut up bits of tights to give him some eyeholes to see out of.
Any questions, just ask! Thanks for looking and I hope you like them!
(PS. Sorry about the picture quality, it was a bit dark in the pub!)