This is based on a really super dorky fabric glasses holder I had when I first started wearing glasses (like 15 years ago!). I realized I needed some kind of protection for my sunglasses when I throw them in my purse. The ones you can buy are pretty cute, but just not crafty enough for me!
I'll post directions for how I made it if anyone is interested!
You will need:
- fabric that you like
- felt (I used a thick quilting type felt)
- bias tape, at least 20 inches
- sewing machine
- about 30 minutes
1. Cut a 7"x7" square of the fabric and the felt.
2. Place fabric on top of felt, right side out. Sew in a straight line about every inch to secure the fabric and felt.
3. Pin a piece of bias tape to one side of the square. Don't worry about finishing the ends of the bias tape, they'll be covered up. Sew bias tape down.
4. Fold the square in half to form a rectangle and pin. The side with the bias tape is the opening for your sunglasses.
5. Pin bias tape along the two raw sides of the rectangle. Finish the ends of the bias tape by folding under about 1/2 an inch at each end.
6. Sew down bias tape. You're done!