I bought this at a yard sale and left it in my closet for a long time. Back in the spring, I decided to pull it out and try it on, and if it fit, I was going to wear it to work.
Imagine my surprise when....
Holy tamoley! It was a skort! I initially thought about being lazy and just separating the skirt from the shorts and just calling it a day. Oh no! That was too easy and I like a challenge!
I started by removing the shorts from the skirt. I then took apart the crotch of the shorts. I flipped the shorts upside down and sewed the waist of the shorts to the waist of the skirt. Next, I removed the zipper from the skirt, sewed the opening of the skirt closed, and reattached the zipper further up the back on the shorts.
This is where things became difficult and I eventually gave up. I had a super hard time fitting the shorts around my chest. Once I did get the right fit, I chopped off the upper (crotch part) of the shorts. I then kept playing with the fit until I threw in the towel. Fortunately, several months later, I picked it back up and gave it another try.
Here it is now!