The concept is not really difficult. You cut out the flowers and then you sew them onto the tank. "Oh that's easy!", you say. At least, that's what I thought.
HA! I didn't even cut one whole flower from the material when I realized I had really stepped in it. First off, my flowers had a bunch of leaves with funky edges. It would take forever to cut the flowers perfectly out. So I did it imperfectly. I just cut blocks around the flowers and figured I could fix it later.
I pinned the flowers to my tank and started sewing. The funky edges of the flowers and leaves made this part extremely difficult. I ended up hand stitching the difficult edges of the flowers and sewing the easy parts with the sewing machine. I then cut the excess material from around the stitched edges.
I do want to point out that if you look closely at the collar, you will see where I let some of the flowers and leaves flow off of the tank. I thought this was kind of different and liked how it looked.http://everythingemmetaylor.blogspot.com/2012/04/tank-week-refashion-day-five.html