This is the doll that I've made for the game. She stands at around 7'' tall (~18cm). I made her using this fabric doll template and peach felt. I'm sorry I didn't take photos of the process this time... I was more interested in getting her done before the inspiration to work on this project left me... In any case, she's relatively easy to make. Afterwards I just attached yarn hair in a very amateur way and sewed the simplest dress I could with the fabric I had on hand. I think she turned out pretty nice, and I know the girls I teach will really like her. I just have to make sure the next project I take on is more boy oriented.
The basic idea for the quilts right now is that one side of the quilt will have an iron-on or embroidered image of a phonic cue, and the other side will have the lowercase letter which responds to that image. (so an apple and "a" or an octopus and "o"). It'll take quite a bit of time to make, I wager, but it'll be good practice on my new sewing machine (since they're just going to be rectangles stuffed a little bit) and for my embroidery. I just thought I'd share the project here, since it'll keep me motivated to keep working on it!