Okay, so it's really just a glorified amigurumi, but I can dream can't I? Haha! I made this guy for Ludi in the art doll swap. He has sculpey hands and feet, a cross-stitched rose on his back, and jointed arms and legs. All new techniques for me.
I've been posting a lot of older projects lately. (Playing the catch up game!) Well, this one is actually a new amigurumi that I made in anticipation of Spring! So this guy is a loose interpretation of a bumble bee. He was actually inspired by a male Carpenter bee that I found in the Fall. I had never seen a blond bee before, and it set me on a mission to find out what type of bee he was. Anyway, I ended up making this fella, not a Carpenter bee, but still a bee nonetheless.
I made this for our lovely kittykill in the Vintage Halloween Swap last year. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426691.0#axzz2gOCwqcJT Her and I both love all the classic Universal Monster movies and well, amigurumi is ma thang, so this is the result! He was a little fussy to make as I wanted him to be unmistakable. I'm not sure if I succeeded, but I was pretty happy with the results. No pattern, just whipped him up. I was most proud of the fact that I was actually able to give him 'knees' and not just trunks for legs. Now, I'm hitting myself on the head for not having taken notes as I can't for the life of me remember how I did it. Doh!
sorry, didn't realize this pic was blurry, but it's supposed to be a detail of his back fin
I love The Nightmare Before Christmas with a passion, so I jumped at the opportunity to pattern test this Oogie Boogie pattern for http://www.ravelry.com/designers/slaughter-crochet. Unfortunately I don't think she ever published the pattern, but it is a great pattern! Hopefully she will get around to it. I made this a little over a year ago.
Last year I was on a Hellraiser kick for a couple of months. I watched all the movies (although I only recommend the first 2) in sequence and even developed a very disturbing crush on Pinhead. I still can't explain that one! Anyway, this is the result of my short-lived obsession. I entered him in the Summer Nerd Games, but neglected to give him his own topic post.
Hey all! After making the Merbunny, I had this idea that I was going to make all sorts of land/sea creature hybrids. Unfortunately, I only got as far as this second one. I made this fella last summer. Posting him does have me thinking of picking this series back up. Maybe even actually doing my own patterns for them. Anyway, the pattern for this one is here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/octopussy-3 This is NOT my pattern, I'm just sharing in case someone would like to make their own octopuss
Oh, I did eventually add the suction cup parts with some fabric puff paint, but I forgot to take pictures. Doh!
Hey folks! I recently made this necklace for My_RubySlippers, in the OT literary thing and a used paperback swap. It's Bilbo Baggins' Hobbit hole from the Lord of the Rings / Hobbit movies. I tried my hand at poly clay for the first time about a year ago, and it became obvious to me that this was a tricky medium at which I had zero talent. So, I watched a bunch of tutorials on youtube to see if I could learn a few tricks. Although I still have a looong way to go to reach the level of "skilled", I'm quite happy with the progress that I made with this piece. It was inspired by these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361065.0#axzz2sqJVTm2J Fairy doors by azreno, but of course not nearly as good.
So, I have a ton of projects from last year that I uploaded to my picture hosting, but never actually created posts for. It's been my New Year's resolution to remedy the situation (a late start already! Surprise, surprise!) Anyway, I made this fish-slash-rabbit combo as part of a crochet-a-long. It is not my pattern, but here's the link if you want to make your own merbunny http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/misfit-toys-christmas-ornaments. Only, I couldn't follow the directions for the fan part of the tail, so I just improvised that part. I couldn't resist adding some plastic pearls and other little lovely accessories. I guess it's that mermaid loving little girl I used to be, peaking out for a spell.
I made this little jewelry/trinket box quite a waaay back for the Tim Burton swap. I'm just a tad late posting Ahh well. The image used is NOT my original art. For shame, I know, but I used the image because my partner had it on her Pinterest with emphatic notes about how much she loved it, so I thought it would be perfect. Pinterest links it back to invaderzim91 on deviantart.com, who has apparently deactivated their account. Please, if anyone knows an active account or website that I can link this to in order to give proper credit let me know. Thanks.
Anyway, back to the project. I transferred the image using the good old graphite on one side of the paper and trace technique, then simply painted to the best of my ability. Sad, but true. Afterward, I realized the bottom swirly is all wrong. Whoops! Lastly, I added a little felt liner on the bottom and on the inside. Viola! A cute little trinket box that I kinda wanted to keep. I hope my partner found some use for it!
I guess the inside could have used a little something, but it's hard crafting with a hyper active 2 year old running around.
So, I made this doll for my partner in the Tim Burton swap a looong time ago, but I was just realizing how horribly long it's been since I posted any projects. As a result I have a lot of unposted projects that I hope to be getting to in the next few weeks. Anyway, She is mostly crochet, but I wanted to do something a little different, step outside my comfort zone a tad. He arms and legs are chenille stems with pony beads - yes, very sophisticated! Lol! I did the details with felt and embroidery thread. I hope my partner is enjoying her!