Okay this is currently in progress and I should finish it up tonight. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures as I went along, but I will take completed-project pics this weekend, since I will be wearing it to our halloween party.
Here is what I bought:
- Black Bustier/Corset (with removable straps) - $15 target
- Black Boy Shorts - $5 target
- Package Black Socks - $3 walmart
- White Low-Rise Footless Stockings - $2 walmart
- Black & Glittery Purple Bat Wings - $15 Party City
- Rubber Horns - $3 Halloween Adventure
- Purple Body Paint - $3 Halloween Adventure
- Light Yellow, Turquoise, Purple Fabric Paints - $2.50/each Michaels
- Set of acrylic paint brushes - $7 Michaels
- Plastic Bull Whip - $5 Halloween Adventure
- One Box of Powder Red Fabric Dye - $2 Michaels
I painted the corset as the top, the boyshorts as the bottoms, the socks have been cut into bracers (wristbands), and the stockings will be my legs and have the flame painted on them. I added some purple accents to the wings as well and plan to safety pin them to the corset, since I cannot use the elastic straps. The horns will be painted purple/black and will be attached to my head via a black elastic headband.
I already own a pair of black knee-high boots so I'm just using those.
The painting of everything has been going well so far. The material is a bit difficult to make even strokes but after a few coats it ends up looking just fine. I think I'm going to end up needing two bottles of the yellow since we use so much of it.
I'm going to paint the flames on the white tights tonight using fabric dye and will try to paint them (well have a friend paint them) while they are on me, as to avoid the weird stretching thing. Let's see how that goes!
Oh, this really didn't take that long. I spent about two hours shopping to buy everything, then my friend and I spent 5 hours painting on Sunday and will spend about that again tonight to finish everything up.
Okay, next post will have incredibly awesome pics!