I found these two recipes for homemade clay:
Make Flour-based Dough
1. Mix 4 c. flour, 1 c. salt, some food coloring and enough water to moisten.
2. Mix the ingredients, adding water until you have the desired consistency. The clay should be stiff but still hold together when rolled into a ball.
3. Store in refrigerator to avoid spoiling. This clay dries hard and can be painted or decorated with markers or pens.
Or, Make Salt Dough
1. Mix 2 c. flour with 1 c. salt and 3/4 c. water in a deep bowl.
2. Knead it until it's doughy.
3. Add food coloring or glitter.
4. Add more water if the dough is too crumbly. If it's too sticky, add a little more flour.
5. Make several batches in different colors.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
But my question is, can you use normal poster paint to paint over the clay instead of pouring in food colouring? And later coat the paint with PVA glue. Will it work? Will it last? Thanks in advance!