I had pinned this idea on Pinterest and finally decided to try it out. I'm quite polish obsessed (too much according to DH) and had bought out some of the Color Club Art Club art polishes a while back ($0.50 each on sale!). I haven't used them yet, because I'm not too steady with the skinny brushes and they sat for a while. I decided to dig out the neon rainbow colors and give this manicure a try.
1. Clean your nails and give them a good base coat of choice (I used Seche Base Ridge Filler since it's milky white).
2. Remember ROYGBIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) when making a rainbow. Obviously, there is no indigo and the red is replaced with hot pink. Start with the (R) and paint skinny lines from the cuticle to the nail tip and continue with each color until you have a whole rainbow on your nails. It looks pretty enough like this and you could leave it, but it really pops with the black shatter ;-)
3. After your rainbows have dried about 15-20 minutes, polish on a thin layer of black shatter (I like OPI) and let this dry.
4. Finished with a top coat of choice - I used Seche Vite for an ultra glossy finish. This could probably look pretty cool finished with a matte top coat, but I happen to love a glossy shine.
5. Clean up shop, chances are, you got a little polish on your cutes and the edges - I know I did. Use a small angled paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean the edges and cuticle areas.
DH loved this so much, he told me not to spend money on a salon mani again LOL Okay, I'll just buy more polish with it ;-)