This project was SO much more stressful than I imagined.
I was planning on re-covering this chair but realised the foam was dead and all gross inside, so I replaced all the foam with new stuff.
I just finished this, 9 hours straight of machine and hand sewing.
I had to sew all the bits custom to the foam and I didn't use a pattern, just LOTS of pins and trial and error (lots of error).
So many pins that I found many a blood spot on the fabric from pricking myself while sewing. At one stage I pinned my finger to the cushion!
The cushions are rounded out with polyfill so it didn't look too square. The base cushion has a zipper. The back of the chair has press studs so it wraps around the arms seamlessly.
Although i'm happy with how it turned out, it'll be a while before I use the chair... I have to forgive it first.
This project was a pain in the a$$ as the bobbin on the sewing machine would jam every 2 FREAKING minutes. Plus I sewed a few bits incorrectly and spent a lot of time unpicking stitches.
But yeah it's done. GO ME. *collapses*
The pics aren't great but I couldn't be bothered re-taking any more.