The caplet was my first large project. It was made with 10 balls of Skacel Luxor I bought at the Yarn Lady's bag sale. The pattern is from Easy Knitting magazine (spring/summer 2005). What i loved the most about the caplet is that the collar is knitted to be knit side out and it, plus this was my first time working with shoulder shaping, it was great! The edging is crochet. I really think they left something out of the patrtern (I even contacted the magazine, but they said it was fine
) so I really winged it for the end half.
The shrug started as another project in the same magazine, however, there was a gauge problem and I ended up frogging it
. Let me tell you, it was well worth it to purchase a ball winder for that, especially since there were 7 balls of yarn in there! Its a drop stitch pattern and the yarn is LLH/GGH Venezia (also from the bag sale). http://homepage.mac.com/jratcliff/SHEs_CRAFTY/PhotoAlbum54.html
I am trying to learn from my gauge problems, and have been starting with the gauge swatches (and I did for the drop stitch but changed it up anyway, dumb me).