One basset hound, one redbone coonhound service dog, one bully mix, and two cats (the one not pictured is orange).
Regarding my bully mix, named Mulch Diggums (aka of Artemis Fowl fame), he is a robust dog with the daintiest (and most painful) PAWS that seem to be "bollocks" seeking missiles. So, for father's day, Mulch is giving dad a Mulch Protector (i.e., "nut cup"). I made the label and it turned out awesome! Hehehehehe.
Limited to a certain number of people? 12 Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO Open to FIRST TIME swappers? NO
If you have, or have had, a pet that has changed your life, than this is the swap for you! Join this swap to celebrate a current beloved pet or to honor a deceased beloved pet.
Details of Swap:
You will be crafting for the SWAPPER, not the pet. You can make any sort of pet-themed items you think your partner would like related to the particular pet they've asked you to focus on. You will be required to SEND A PICTURE of the pet you'd like your partner to focus on WITH THE SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE. If you have more than one pet, or would like to share more pictures, those kinds of discussions should occur with your partner, once assigned.
Any type of crafting will work for this, so you can sew, paint, knit, crochet, get crafty with paper or polymer clay, etc, as long as you make something your partner will like, based on her pet, questionnaire, and pinterest, wists, etc.
Some ideas of what to make/purchase might include:
Drawings/paintings, hoopla, small models of purebred pets, jewelry, pouches, purses, pincushions, pillows, plush pet, keychain, coasters, mugs, placemats, appliques, t-shirts, polymer clay figurines, felted pets, etc. etc. etc.
This swap will be for ONE MEDIUM and TWO SMALL items (or the equivalent thereof; i.e., one large, or two mediums, or four smalls).
By Time -Large = 3 or more hours -Medium = 2 or more hours -Small = 2 or less hours
By Size -Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse -Medium = One single necklace or bracelet, a scarf, a pouch -Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
By Price -Large = $30 or more -Medium = $10-$30 dollars -Small = $10 or less
*PLEASE READ THIS!* - No one likes to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up. - You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere. - If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP. - Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread. - Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery, and take pictures of what you make before you send it. - HAVE FUN!
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions: - Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES - Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES - Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES - Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES - Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions: - Has been a member for at least one month: YES - Has posted at least 15 times: YES - Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES - Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES - Does not have any negative feedback: YES - Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES - If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES - If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWAP, YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Fill out the questionnaire below. 2. Attach ONE picture of your favorite pet (past or present) 3. Private message items 1 and 2 above to chrmisha with the subject "CRAFT MY PET SWAP" 4. Post a message in this thread saying that you submitted your questionnaire 5. Have patience with me, I'm a first time swap organizer ;-)
Name of swap: Craft My Pet for Me Craftster username: Email address: Your real name: Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (YES/NO)
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
Confirm that have successfully completed AT LEASE ONE swap prior to signing up for this swap (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or certain animals/products)?
3. Does your house have any allergens? (i.e., pets, smoke, wool, lots of dust, etc.)?
4. Please list the number and type of pets that you own (or have owned that are special to you), including their breeds and names (ex: Brindle boxer named "Benji", Siamese cat named "FuFu", Clydesdale horse named "Shy", big brown mutt named "Sugar")
5. What particular pet (past or present) is the most special to you/do you wish to receive crafted items related to?
6. What made this particular pet so special? (ex: physical characteristics, the story of how you found/purchased/adopted it, any special memories, funny traits/behaviors/tricks, an emotional time/momentous event/time in your life, etc.)
7a. If you have many pets, would you prefer items crafted around MORE than one pet? (YES/NO)
7b. If YES which ones? (Or you can leave it up to your partner by saying "Feel free to craft any of my pets").
7c. Some people have expressed interest in having their many pets crafted for/crafting for a partner's many pets. PLEASE COORDINATE THIS WITH YOUR PARTNER DIRECTLY (as it will probably go beyond the requirements of this swap). However, please state here if you are interested in crafting for more than one pet (I will use this for matching purposes): (YES/NO/MAYBE)
9. Please list a few items you would especially love to receive:
10. Are there any items or types of crafts you do not wish to receive?
11a. What crafts do you do?
11b. Are there any particular crafts that you want to mention that you do NOT do that a partner might commonly ask for? (eg., I don't know how to knit or crochet).
12. Favorite colors?
13. Least favorite colors?
14. If you have any strong dislikes that might pertain to the swap, please let them be known:
15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):
16. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of who you are. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you.
17. You MAY include something for your partner's pet(s) as well, but that is totally optional.
18. BE SURE TO ATTACH A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE PET TO THE PM WITH THIS QUESTIONNAIRE.(If you have more than one picture, or more than one favorite pet, please coordinate that with your partner. DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE PICTURE. If you must, you can send a collage of pictures but it has to be in ONE picture file).You will not be admitted to this swap UNLESS your questionnaire contains the required picture!NOTE: I guess you can't attach a picture to a private message. Either send me a link to the picture (preferred), or leave me a note and I'll give you my email address and you can email it to me separately.
Feel free to post pictures of your lovely pets (past and/or present) to this thread when you post to say you have submitted your questionnaire. ************************************************************