Taking inspiration from nature I decided to make an i-pod, though technically it's more of a seed-pod.
The lotus blossom is associated with creation mythology, so I thought it’d be fun to show the Lotus seed pod as a creator of music.
Details: wire wrapped frame, papier mache, sticky brown paper tape, music paper, teabags, watercolours.
- made up frame from wire
- covered with layer of papier mache
- covered with layer of brown paper tape for strength
- asked bloke to photocopy music paper at work
- made a cup of tea
- stained music paper with teabags whilst drinking tea (no waste here!)
- darkened the inside crevices with brown watercolour paint
Anyone guess which song it is?
Hope you like, it was very fun to make and it looks great nestled in my garden!