Well i was stressing about finals in bed last night, when i looked over at some old scrap fabric i had left over from a skirt and purse i made when i had an idea. To fill u in, i am technically boobless. I cant keep a tube top up without looking like an 7 year old
. So i have this turqouisey blue
fabric and this bright lime green
fabric. Ok so this is wut i did (i dont know how 2 post pics....)
1. cut a 5 inch high however long around ure boobs are plus 4 inch long strip of the green (or whatever color you want as a stripy that goes over the top of the shirt).
2. cut a however long u want the shirt to go plus seam allowences high and however long around ure body plus 4 inxches of the other color.
3. Sew the two together at the top so that its blue with a green stripe at the top.
4. Cut elastic to appropraite length (plus seam allowances)
5. Apply the elastic to the green part of the the dress (or whatever color stripe u have)
6. hem the bottom and top
7. Put on the top comfortably and take ure tape measure 2 see how long the halter strap should be
8. sew it and turn it inside out
9. Sew one side of the strap on the inside of the shirt
10. take the other side and make a button hole
11. then sew ure FAVORITE button where the other strap should be
12. and Voila, ure own babydoll-ish halter boob tube top!
hope u understand the directions.... if not just pm me for specific info!