is to the coat I made for my friend based on costumes from the musical 'Vampires Rock'.
I used a commercial pattern and made adaptations to get the style we were after. As it's the first time I have made anything from a commercial pattern or used a sewing machine I'm amazed that it came together - and fitted!
Not the best project for a beginner, but I'd had a couple of glasses of wine and it looked easy when I promised I would make it. I did sign up for some sewing classes which helped a lot, especially with the adaptations.
The buttons are small metal bats flying in a 4-3-4 formation, they are a bit small for the weight of the denim so doing up and undoing is a bit fiddly. I used pink leather for the lacing down the back and black leather for the lacing on the cuffs. The lining is the same colour as the pink panel down the back, so it is quite eye catching when the coat is worn open.