After a very, very long delay, I've finally finished my variant on this, the Baby Eleanor!
I started to put on the netting fringe as in the actual Lady E pattern, but didn't think it was working well with this yarn, so I cut it off and made tassels instead.
Yarn: Patons SWS Natural Geranium. Including tassels, used about 4 1/3 skeins... I think. Could have been 5 1/3.
Needles: US 9.
Pattern: I used the actual Lady E pattern as a reference, but actually did just find a web page on entrelac and used that to figure out the actual stitches. The intent was to make one about half the size of a Lady E.
Dimensions, blocked: 63 inches long without tassels, 79 inches long with tassels, 10 inches wide.
I love the results, but hate entrelac -- at least, 63 inches of it. So I probably will never make another one.