I made this vintage-style plaque for my partner in the Mini 13 Days of Halloween Swap, and she just opened the package, so I thought I'd share here.
I really didn't know what a time consuming project it would be when I started. It started as a blank raw wood plaque. I traced the design, which came from a site on my partner's wist, onto it using a graphite transfer paper. I used my handy woodburning tool to outline all the designs, then painstakingly burned all the background so the images would pop out. After that I used water-based rub-on stain to darken the unburned parts just a bit. All in all it took about 10-12 hours, which I spread out over about a month because if I used the burner too long in one sitting, it would heat up too much and the tip would fall off.
Anyway, I hope my partner enjoys it. I had a lot of fun making it. C&C welcome!