I just wanted to share some dresses I completed for Blythe. It's a Wednesday Addams collared Pilgrim dress and striped tights.
The tights were the easy part. They're upcycled from a striped shirt.
The dress takes some construction and knowledge of your sewing machine. When I did my first sample I just used the cheapest possible broadcloth and muslin. It was ok but flimsy and light. Once I knew what the finished piece would look like I switched to Kona for the black and white parts of the dress. I added some buttons on the front to complete the look. The dress closes with metal snaps in the back.
I was really happy with how the whole look came together! I can't wait to work on more outfits. It really gives me something to do with piles of scraps and mountains of fat quarters. I think I'm a fat quarter hoarder.