My first successful reconstruction that I might actually wear!!!
Started with a lovely embroidered cotton smock top that I bought from a vintage shop on ebay...Absolutely gorgeous but also really really massive, I don't have a photo of it in it's original state but here's one similar..
I tried wearing a belt round it but it still made me look pregnant. However the embroidery was too cute to get rid of it, so I decided to take it in.
My first major mistake...forgettin g that it was made of 100% cotton and therefore totally non-stretchy, I reconstructed it in the normal t-shirt way; aka drawing round a tee and sewing the new shape. Of course, this left me with a top which couldn't stretch over my elbows, let alone my chest! Disaster!!
However, I then had the idea to make it into a sort of bolero jacket, and used the material I cut off the bottom (when cropping it) to make a panel in the front with hook & eye fastenings...Added decorative victorian-style buttons and voila!! Rather quirky but I love it
Pic #1 (in which the floor wears the top)
Pic #2 (in which I photograph myself in the mirror)
Pic #3 (well, why not)