ok this project isnt really completed, technically. But i had an idea for a gift for my fiance, since he lovess pics of me and him i wanted to make him a photo album.. but boring! so i decided to make it travel size so it can go with him everywhere.. and i dont want him shoving pics of us in his wallet, i want it to be protected so it can stay in tact.. and i had a great idea. and i know it will work because i was playing around with my sewing machine today and i knew it would work..
the reason why i didnt do it yet , is because i dont have enough pics of my and my fiance yet and not enough clear vinyl ( or i think what i had was plastic.
anywayz here it is! http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/niles/travelphoto1.jpg
it wont work if you click on it.. please copy and paste in a NEW BROWSER
here are the instructions:
1. First gather the material you need ( this case black was "used")
2. then you need a appropriate amount of clear vinly or plastic
3. you need pictures.. you may want to make a photocopy because you will be cutting these to put into your album ( depending on the size.
4. You may also want felt ( to apply felt decorations on it, such as flowers or watever you want) although i didnt add it to my drawing.
5. If you can see closely, in my "open" drawing of the album, you will see the closure black strip has velcro on it. (i did my best to make it look like that texture) so you may want to use velcro or snap closure if you like.
ok since i dont have step by step instructions ill try to wing it.
you can just tell by the drawing how to do the outside part, and make sure you leave POCKETS on both side so you can slip in the photos.
but before you make the pockets, put on the velcro at this point.
then you measure the plastic or vinlyn correctly so it can fit into the pockets, and that should be the size of all your plastic/ vinyl
make sure your plastic/vinyl is a long rectangle and not into two pieces (this is for the back part of the actually places where u put the photos, which will be placed in those pockets.. and then you will make several more plastic thingies.. ( long rectangles)
and then you just start sewing around it like i did in the pic (do not put the pic in it yet) when you sew the RIGHT, LEFT and BOTTOM of the plastic / vinyl ( and the middle as well so you may put more then one pic) you can slip in all your pics
* tip/ hint* one long rectangle sewn on top of another long rectangle with a line sewn down the middle should give you space for 4 pics! because you want to use both sides.
if youy want you may also insert dried flowers and then sew the top. but nevertheless after you place your pics in, and cut them down to size you may sew the top
so you repeat the steps to make rectangles as much as you like ( depending on hoiw many pics you have) and you can sew them ALL down on the one long rectangle you made in the begining to place in the pockets..
* tip* if you wanted to use flowers inside the plastic , then do not put a pic in the same pocket, its more desirable when its all clear with a flower in it. (or watever you want)
so after thats done,, you slip in your first cover and last cover into the pockets and close the little album with the vlecro strap! isnt that cute!!! i cant wait to make it! i hope someone can try it and show me the results! that would be awsome!l
and i tryed my best with the drawing (i did it in photoshop)
thats me and my fiance!!!