(Apologies if you've seen this twice, I put this on sew_hip on Livejournal too but in a different order!)
I saw the Butterick 4790 on here and LJ, and fell in love with it. Despite not being a standard size (I'm 4'10"ish and scaled to fit) I bought the pattern anyway, thinking I could change the size a little. Hahaha... On the trial run using rubbish fabric the neckline started off my shoulders, the bust was too low and way too big, and the waist, also too large, started somewhere around my hips. And that was just the underneath bit. So I chucked the pattern to the other side of the room and had a think. This was last summer...
As this was my first pattern, I didn't fancy learning how to redraft it. Instead I found a shift dress I liked, and took the shape of that to make this, then chopped the back off and buttoned on some straps,
Then I made a separate outer part in the spiderweb mesh and added some buttons to the shoulder,
And added a pocket and some vintage mis-matched buttons,
And yay! a version that fits and also that can be two separate dresses!
Hope you like