I love to make this appetizer because everyone loves it. It's a spicy, cheesy delicious bite! It may seem like a lot of steps but it's easy (and totally worth it) to make!
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
8 jalapeno peppers
Panko crumbs/Japanese bread crumbs (or use regular dry bread crumbs)
Oil for fryingFilling:
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
pinch of saltTempura Batter:
1 cup COLD water
1 cup all purpose flourInstructions:
1. Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove stem and seeds (use gloves!!)
2. Mix filling ingredients together.
3. Fill jalapeno halves with filling.
4. Prepare tempura batter by mixing the egg with cold water, then whisking in the flour.
5. Dip filled jalapenos in tempura batter then dip/roll in breadcrumbs, immediately drop into hot oil.
6. Remove when golden brown and let cool on paper towels/wire rack.
7. Enjoy warm!
(use up extra tempura batter with other veggies like eggplant, sweet potato, peppers, etc)