Finished one medium this weekend, which is pretty good considering that I was working the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife's outdoor expo from Thursday morning through Sunday evening. Regional Dutch oven cooking groups get together once a year and volunteer to prepare food and teach Dutch oven cooking for the thousands of people who attend. For instance, Sunday morning after baking biscuits and making wild boar gravy to pass out as samples, we started baking 30 desserts (enough to provide samples for approximately 1,000 people), making fancy breads, and teaching seminars. Then in the afternoon we made cheesecakes, more breads, more cakes, and bar cookies, and taught the last of the seminars. I'm pooped!
Medium #2 is half done. Hope to finish it tonight. Will be gone to an outdoor expo until Sunday night, but am taking a project with me. I'll be cooking in Dutch ovens all weekend, so crafting in my down time sounds really relaxing.
Cursive_queen, until you made the comment about one of your blocks for emisaurus being a mirror image, I hadn't realized that 3 of the 6 I made for her are also mirror image. Yikes! Didn't think I was THAT tired when I was sewing them. We still have plenty of time to remake blocks, so I'm making the same offer: I'll gladly remake those three blocks if you'd prefer that, emisaurus.
Gaudiknight, can't imagine knitting something so tiny. You do such a beautiful job on all the doll clothes you've made. Makes me think I ought to start making doll clothes for the little girls in our family.
That bag is quite the attention grabber! I bet it would look wild in an orange and black Halloween inspired palette.
I think you're right, but since the only reason I made it was to fulfill one of the requirements for my crochet club's fair entry, I may not be making another bag anytime soon. These are the placemats and coasters I also made for the club entry.
My sil would claim Mario, I want the raven, and Kookaloo's baby afghan looks Mary Poppins "practically perfect in every way".
This crocheted bag is the most recent non-quilt block that I've made. Feel like I've been piecing quilt blocks unceasingly. I started with a pattern from Michael's and did a few slight alterations such as making the handles wider and the bottom more rounded.
Homerof2, I think it's setting the segments around the center block that's the issue for me. Partial seams are just one of my problem areas.
And speaking of problems: I've tried to post AIMR's final star three times now and what shows up instead is one of Stellou's stars. Since the two blocks aren't even in the same date file, I don't understand why this is happening. Just tried posting it here instead and am still seeing the wrong star. Will try to photograph and post it separately tomorrow to see if that eliminates the problem.