Not sure if this will help but this is what I put together before / while making this. I added notes while sewing it to make sure I didn't mess up. I originally wanted it black but I only had grey jersey knit and I wanted to use it. I think it looks just fine either way. I also changed a few things. Instead of using the green fabric to make "bias tape" around the hood I just used a piece of grey, I thought with the lining being green it would be too much. I also only used two buttons rather than four, and I think it turned out really well.
Link here since my picture got resized on this thread somehow.