We had a sheet thrown over our pup's crate to keep the light out (given a chance she'll rise with the sun, this gives us an extra hour or so), but it was loose so she could grab it and pull it through when she was bored and chew it up.
I don't fancy an expensive vets bill to remove a fabric blockage from her stomach so something needed to be made.
We visited Joanns and found a quilted fabric in their sale, $5 a yard instead of $15. I pretty much made the pattern up as I went along. On the top there's what's essentially a large buttonhole for the handle to come through and on the bottom I used webbing straps that then velcro to the sides and back to hold them down. The front is one big panel that can be rolled down and velcro-ed shut, or rolled to the top and the velcro holds it up.
I'm quite proud for an afternoons work, and Esme seems to like her new "bedroom"