Okay, here goes my first completed craft post!
I know someone who is really afraid of snakes and I couldn't help but capitalize on that fact. I used about 10 pounds of air dry clay from Hobby Lobby. I had tried this once before with a different type of clay but had used a coat hanger as a spine and as the clay dried it shrunk and cracked because of the aperture so lesson learned the hard way. This snake has no spine; I just had to make sure I braced the head with a soda bottle while it was drying. As for the scales I initially tried using a bent paper clip but that wasn't going so well so I went down to a local bargain store and got a cheap dental pick and used pliers to bend it into the shape I needed. That worked better but it still took forever and was frustrating. I used acrylic paint and covered it in a coat of mod podge. I got cat eyes from hobby lobby which i put in early in the building process. Anyway, here are some pics. I hope ya'll like it.