I made this for my partner in the cupcake swap. The cupcakes are embroidered, but the apron is totally made from scratch. I used a basic pattern found in the book Vintage Notions. And then lined all most all of the edges with bias tape. It was my first time working with it and it wasn't too bad at all! Not nearly has hard as I was imagining it to be!
( I have to rave about how beautiful and enjoyable that Vintage Notions book is. The book is divided into 12 sections, one for each month of the year, and each month as a sewing pattern listed in it. Their are no cut outs or pattern pieces but just simple diagrams showing how to make some basic cuts on different types of fabric, and then casual directions explaining where to put the seams.)
Anywho, this apron pattern came out of February or March's section. It didn't include the flounce ruffle. I added that on my own. It's made out of two cotton men's dress shirts so it's easy to wash and iron, if desired. The color combo and details were inspired by a wist item of my swap partner's. So basically it's a twist off of her wist item.
Aporn yoke close up
Pocket close up