So I have been a busy bee and have a bunch of new creations I'd love to share with you all. If you haven't seen my earlier posts, I mainly make laser cut acrylic jewelry.
I always wanted a cute panda pendant, so I made one!! I am so happy with how it turned out!
In previous posts, I had a cupcake bunny and cupcake cat. Now I have cupcake bear in a similar format.
My penguins all sold out, so i made new better quality ones! In even better colors, bright pink and light blue
I made a new style of my tiger (which also sold out)
And added new colors of the cupcakes and ice cream cones!
I also feel the need to post the steps I take to create my pieces, just so there's a bit more understanding out there about how I work. I don't mass produce things (sometimes I get accused of this), and each item takes lots of time, care and effort.
Steps to making Laser cut pendants (I hope to have a pic/video tutorial soon) But for now I will just type this up for all the skeptics!
1) I create the design in Adobe Illustrator, I separate the design into several parts, each will be cut from a different color of acrylic.
2) I create seperate ai files for each sheet/color of acrylic i want to use. I lie out each piece on its corresponding color.
3) I send my files to a laser cutting service, they cut and mail the pieces (or I go and pick up)
4) The fun begins!! If needed, I sort the pieces according to which design the belong to. Next, each piece has masking on either side to protect the plastic during laser cutting. I have to remove this masking on every single tiny piece of plastic. Most often, it's hundreds (sometimes thousands?) of tiny little pieces I have to peel off.
5) Once the pieces are unmasked, it's time to wash them (every single one). Sometimes with warm dishsoap. This helps get rid of any residue left over from engraving. Then I pat them dry.
6) Finally I can glue pieces together!!! YAY! I assemble the tiny pieces and turn them into pendants.
7) Add any eyes, swarovski crystals, andy other details
We're done! Just add a chain. ^_^
Sorry for such a long post. Thanks to all who read it!! <3 you all!