I claim Ewulotta for a supply package
This is my first claim this month
1 /0 /0
umm.... I still have an outstanding parcel from the last round, it's not late or anything just claimed it late in the month... it's currently in the post. Do I need to include that in my stats?
I'm a 26 year old living in London, UK. I work in west end theatre and am studying part time for a physics / maths degree. I'm a massive nerd, I love maths & science humour.
I'm a big bookworm too, i love fantasy / sci-fi type stuff, non-fiction and humour but will read anything put in front of me for long enough.
I am currently completely obsessed with Firefly, in addition to my ongoing crush on the weasley family. And I just discovered Doctor Who...
I need tea like most people need oxygen.
My other half is a motion graphic designer. He thinks he's a pirate rock-star, and dresses like Captain Jack crossed with Russell Brand. I think he's the most awesome person ever.
I wear mostly black & grey with highlights of red - i always wear red shoes. My dress sense is... low maintenance, I guess would be a nice way to put it! Day-to day I'm very casual, with a grungy/rock edge. But I love to dress up when i go out, in stupid-high shoes and a kinda rockabilly type look, some steampunk influences.... I tend to vary my 'dressed up' style alot, anything from the switchblade sisters to industrial revolution lady.
My decor taste is shabby chic, nothing ever matches, and I like to find new uses for old things - using something in a different or interesting way. mostly... background grey and neutrals, with splashes of really bright colour.
Nothing too mumsy or fussy, please - and nothing too pink and sparkly either!
I have a cat, and no allergies except bananas.
Essentially anything with a retro / rockabilly / steampunk type edge will make me happy.
my blog is very badly designed but i like writing it - it tells you a lot about me http://noodlesnoggin.blogspot.co.uk/
I do handsewing and embroidery, mostly, but I'll try my hand at most things. I knit very badly, and I like up-cycling stuff to find new uses or make boring things prettier. I am particularly experienced in cross-stitch, sock-toy crafting and making obscure Harry Potter puns.
I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this swap
Crafted stuff (**stared are the ones i super want Cheesy )
1) A zombie gnome http://media-cache-ec7.pinterest.com/upload/15340454951174556_gEdbpmZz_f.jpg
2) ** A modified blue hoodie with grumpy bear ears and tummy patch http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/11188699044195820_H1PMQ1gV_f.jpg
(grown up size - for me. Can give sizes)
3) a ribbon wrangler
4) an emission spectra scarf http://sternlab.org/2010/02/emission-spectra
- with silver elemental spectrum
5) cat themed TM patches
6 ) crochet hook / knitting needle roll - I especially like the maurader's map ones like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350747.0
7) ** a Goldie the gargoyle! from Neil Gaimen's Neverwhere. can be sculpted (ideally) or knitted what whatever - little in size, sort of sit in the palm of my hand size! http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872780523_Z1O1qKds_f.jpg
8.) ** box shaped make-up bag - this type of shape http://media-cache-ec0.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872942673_Rf8EAHzo_f.jpg
9) bookmarks - any style. I'm providing handmade bookmarks to go in the goodie bags at an event I'm attending in September, I'll need a couple of hundred in total so if you wanna contribute a few that would be very welcome!
10) carbon atom ring http://media-cache-ec9.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872549202_HUKnchD9_b.jpg
11) snitch/watch http://www.etsy.com/listing/95155305/harry-potter-golden-snitch-pocket-watch
but not on a chain Smiley
12) harry potter 'weasley is our king' badge with altered burger king logo http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/82753711872548784_Ol5O0ZDq_f.jpg
13) mug hug with a skull on it. black & red. (for my boyf)
14) bath bubbles or other bath stuff with manly scents, for my rock n roll boyf who frequently texts me from inside a hot bowl of bubbles
15) Letter writing paper - I am pen friends with my great aunt & uncle, who live in Canada (Great as in my grandma's sister, as well as in really cool people) so I would love some decorated paper to write to them on
16) ** a big pencil case - big enough to get a scientific calculator (along with a few pens, highlighters & post-its) inside - dosesn't need to be fancy, just a pouch wit a closing at the top
17) ** A coin purse, big enough to fit a few coins and 2 credit card sized cards (to keep in my gym bag with change for the lockers and my membership card)
18) a knitted/crochet (or other plushie) little Pigwidgeon (Ron's small, messy owl from the HP books) Grin I love pig!
19) hoopla or wall art based on my pinterest board http://pinterest.com/noodlesnotions/hoopla/
I know the board is called hoopla, but you don't have to make me hoops - you don't have to embroider, either, if you prefer to paint or papercraft or whatever instead - each item has what I was thinking when i pinned it so please read the comments
20) a tardis stamp - couple of inches tall (this could be store brought too, if you can find one!)
feel free to raid my pinterest http://pinterest.com/noodlesnotions/
and ask if there is something there you'd like to make
1) porcelain paint pens in tans and browns
2) frames - i love unusual frames to put my embroideries in. At the minute I am particularly looking for frames to fit these picture sizes (6'' x 5'') (7'' x 10'' something quite 60s style for this one) (12'' square). second hand is fine, don't need to have glass in them - just a frame and back. I'm really into interesting detail and colours when it comes to frames.
4) waterproof ink for stamping fabrics - any colours, but especially black, grey, brown.
5) seed beads in silver or pearl
6) small, in fact tiny, silver or pearl buttons - the type with holes (not shanks). matching sets or just random odd ones is fine
7) matte mod podge
8.) glow in the dark embroidery thread
9) Indian Rupee coins or notes
10) tweed / wool type fabrics
11) embroidery thread - perle or anything with an interesting texture. any colours
12) any Gorjuss cross stitch patterns (except 'new heights') - used / photocopied is fine as long as they are readable
13) any letter stamps - any font / any size (for stamping on fabric)
14) a clock mechanism to make myself a hoopla clock with
15) Nerdy fabrics - with maths / science type prints, or star wars fabric / alice in wonderland/ superhero type prints