I would like to please put my current NEWT on hold
- I have been working on it for much longer thn anticipated becasue I have had some issues... 2 sets of my hand made paper have been ruined... I think I've worked out a new design that should be more doable but I just don't have time currently to continue with it, as I was hoping to have it done AGES ago. More thinking time before I continue will also allow my new ideas to bed in a little
thus allowing me to...NEWT PROPOSAL
For my divination OWL, I knitted a throw for my Brother. well, he just brought all new furniture and has asked for a new, bigger one
It needs to match this footstool
so I will be doing stocking stitch in big squares of colour. Plenty of chance to learn how to do matress stitch sewing it all up! And I suspect it will roll at the edges, so I plan on doing a border of crochet (just a simple chain line) in a neutral to finish it off - another new skill. This will definitly take more than a month cause it's so damn big!!
super awesome super secret swap project for a fabulously-awesome-cool HPCer done and in the post
(picture to come... and more details of what it is and how it fits the herbology theme, once it's recieved)
literally finished just in time to run to the post office for the last mail on send out day!
Edit to add in a teaser shot!
and so...OWL Proposal
For this OWL, I plan to complete the Flimsy of the quilt that Tom & I are making.
So far, we have made the 9 squares... there are many more steps before the flimsy is done. including one where we won't be able to see the final outcome until it's finished, so we will be in the 'dark matter' of the project!
- cut each 9 sqaure into 4 7" sqaures
- choose and cut 64 7" sqaures from background fabrics
- *dark matter stage!* sew the right sides of one sqaure from a 9-sqaure, and one background fabric, together diagonally, twice up the middle (just off centre). Cut these up the middle to reveal 2 new quilt blocks from inside!
- press out all those blocks... decide how to arrange them for the final quilt (what colours where) an sew the rows of blocks together... then sew the coloums of blocks together to make the flimsy
I suspect that this will take more than 3 weeks as we will only be sewing when we can grab time together - but in the mean time I will get as much pressing, pinning and planning done on my own so that when Tom & I are having a craft day it is as productive as posssible.