Challenge: detention, October
Project; tea tag
This afternoon I was looking at the teapot cozy I made.And decided it was a bit plain - it's a present for my aunt who has pretty whimsical tastes! Do I whipped up this tea tag to add to it
I went to the big knitting and stitching exhibition, and whilst there took part in a spinning class! I've never spin before, it was just with a drop spindle but I enjoyed it a lot. You can see in this sample I was playing with thicknesses (not always on purpose...)! The fibers I used were red, yellow, and pale blue. I brought more so expect to see a full skein soon (just... Not that soon! I am slow at this!)
Simple breakfast - or a short course in the moderation of the application of heat
You will need;
Bread, eggs, milk, coffee grounds, water, tomatoes, cheese, veggie 'bacon' slices
- toast bread under the grill - burn the first side, throw out to the birds, toast more bread
- break 4 eggs into a jug, add a smidge of milk, grate singe cheese and add to the mix
- realise you forgot the toast and it's burnt again. Throw to birds. Toast more bread.
- put veggie bacon in frying pan
- in separate pan, make scrambled cheesy eggs
- put a pot of coffee on
- flip bacon
- realise you were so distracted by cooking veggie bacon for the first time, you forgot the toast again. Seriously. Throw away burnt toast.
- realise you're out of bread. Turn off both hobs, instruct boyfriend that it'd he values your sanity at all he'll have saved you a cup of coffee. Walk to shop, buy more.
- eggs and bacon now cold. Feed them to cat. Drink coffee.
-start again: make toast, scrambled cheesy eggs, fry bacon, grill tomatoes
- become so paranoid about burning toast that you leave out a bit undercooked, and same with tomatoes.
- have boyfriend tell you they're the best scrambled eggs he ever had, decide he's worth the hassle but tell him he's still in charge of breakfast next Sunday. Look at fat birds in garden, listen to happy cat purr.