Everything there was an experiment in a new technique of some kind so I'm glad it all turned out.
Actually, that WAS my first journal - I hope the cover stays intact, I already had to re-glue it once (oops!). Seemed sturdy enough when I sent though. I sketched the letters with pencil before going over them with a dip-pen to make sure they would be legible - I hope you have as much fun deciphering it as I did translating it in the first place!
The journals are a lot of fun to make and not as difficult as they seem - I would definitely recommend it to anybody, I'm on my fourth now, can't get enough of making them. There are some really good tutorials online for newbies like me to work it out from