Those came out great! So, you say the spray paint was the worst idea ever--how did you end up painting them? Did you use fabric for the part with the pretty blue and yellow design?
Okay Ill write down my whole process and what worked and didn't. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby. I got it on sale with a coupon.
1. I painted with white exterior paint - Flaked off and peeled
2. Cheap sspray paint over top the peeling paint - could see the spots that wasn't painted
3. Sanded down the paint really well
4. Expensive PLASTIC spray paint in very very thin coats waited until it was dry - Then it worked
5. Modpodged the fabric on the top and pushed it with a butterknife into the cracks.
Any other questions?