I made this for my partner in the "Put a bird on it swap". I had a blast making it and showing it off to the ladies I work with.
Here is the front. (I shamelessly stole this picture from SunflowerSmiles because hers had better lighthing.) He is a Rufous sided Towhee. I'd never heard of them before the swap, but they are very beautiful.
I painted it using regular acrylic paints. The front is canvas and the back is just some patterned cotton I picked up. Here is a close up of his little feet.
A close up of his face. I really liked how the eye came out.
And the back. Normal pillow back. Nothing much to see here. The sewing came out a little wonky so the pillow is a little tight around the middle.
I used a great tutorial for the pillow base found here: http://fromanigloo.blogspot.com/2010/08/easy-4-step-cushion-covers.html#comment-form
I also had a reference picture of the bird that I based my painting off of but can't seem to find it again.
Hope you all like it!