I have to do an "I-search" paper for a writing. I have to do interviews on a topic and write a paper from those interviews. I've decided to do my paper on craft blogging. I've been thinking about starting one for awhile, and figured why not research that for this paper.
Answering these questions shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes. I'll love you forever if you help me out with this. You can either pm me your responses on Craftster, or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you so much!
1. What is your name (if you aren't comfortable giving me a full name, a first name will be fine) and email address? Could I also have a link to your blog?
2. Is crafting/blogging a source of income for you (such as an Etsy shop), or is it just a hobby?
3. What made you decide to start a craft blog? How long have you been blogging? Have you had the same blog the whole time?
4. In your opinion, how important is the name of the blog?
5. Do you think the look/layout of the blog is important? How important is the photography in posts? Do you think people respond better to more professional-looking photographs, or do the projects themselves matter more?
6. Do you think it is important to find a niche for your blog to get attention?
7. How much time each week do you put into your blog? Do you have a set number of posts you like to reach each week, or do you just update when you have a new project?
8. Is your blog strictly a craft blog, or do you post about other topics? I've seen quite a few craft blogs that also act as personal blogs or cooking blogs, or all three. What is your opinion of these type of blogs?
9. How do you promote your blog? (Giveaways, guest blogging, posting on Facebook or Craftster, etc.)
10. Do you do any kind of free tutorials or patterns to get people to read your blog?
11. Do you have any advice to people looking to start a craft blog?