This was created for the crafty detective swap. I have been saving/finding bottlecaps for a long time and have quite a collection in many colors. I sorted them and laid out a couple of different designed; this one is what I liked best. Attaching the bottle caps was a bit more difficult than I anticipated, but hot glue did the trick eventually. (the picture is of the frame before I put the mirror back in).
I made these for the crafty detective swap. Both are 6x9 on canvas with acrylic paint; the request was for textured art in autumn colors. I think they turned out a bit brighter than autumn, more like fire, but I really like them.
I made this for the crafty detective swap...definitely one of my favorite projects! I saw some pictures around craftster and on wists and freeformed a basic beanie and the mohawk. The gray is acrylic and the blue is wool; for a stiffer/more stand up mohawk the recipient can wash the beanie, felting the mohawk but not the actual hat. Sorry I don't have action shots; I sent it before I thought of getting them.
This was a self-portrait-ish project I did. Perhaps symbolistic is a better term - every single thing in the painting has some sort of personal meaning for me; for example, the fence is a classic Kentucky fence, which is where i was born and raised, one constellation is Lyra, which I have a tattoo of, and another is Cancer, which was my father's astrological sign, and the fleur-de-lis in the bottom left corner is from the years I lived in New Orleans. I am debating about putting more stars in the sky, but we'll see. For now, it is done.
I really enjoy drawing textures, and frequently draw circles of real life textures that I find around and surround them with made up patterns and shading. One of my friends suggested I try something a bit different, so I did what I call an I Spy picture - I drew enlarged bits of four different textures, and then behind them drew a scene which contained the items I took the textures from. Done in pencil on some random paper I found.
detail shots - see if you can find all four texture items!
I made this for the Crafty Detective Swap Rd. 4. I based it off of an item on my partner's Wist, though I did not follow any sort of pattern. I didn't think to measure it before I sent it, but it is quite long. The sewing kind of drove me nuts, but I love the end product!
These were definitely a work in progress for quite some time...over a year. Second-sock-syndrome, majorly. But, now they are done, and I like them a lot! I ended up doing the heels a little bit differently from each other, due to doing them so far apart in time, I think. All that really matters, though, is that they fit and are comfy. And done. Finally.
This project was an assignment for some of my students, so I decided to give it a try. All lines in the entire drawing are the words (or parts of the words) eccentric, brilliant, and scientist. The shading was done just by layering words and by writing them in different sizes.
Here is the full view:
And here is some detail on the face (so you can see some of the words)
and detail on the cuffs (the sweater definitely took me the longest)
I've been having fun with carving stamps recently and made this one for my mom. She loves to do paper crafts like cards, so I thought it was perfect. It's done on SpeedyCut (I think...the thick whitish stuff) with lino cutter and xacto knife. I wasn't sure that it was going to print clearly because it is so small (it's pictured on my cutting mat with 1 inch squares), but I think it came out quite well.