Swap name: Dishcloth Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: AugustBell
Craftster member who is co-organizing the swap: Mistress Jennie
Sign-up date range: March 2nd - 16th, 2016
Date to send item by: April 6th, 2016Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESThe Swap Details:
- Homemade dishcloths are a fun and quick project that you can use to wash dishes, hang on a cabinet, or use as a woolly trivet. Because of the small size and minimal time investment, they are the perfect opportunity to try new techniques, patterns, and bold color combinations. The only limit is your creativity!
- This swap is for 2 handmade (knit or crochet) dishcloths. They should be a standard size cloth, at least 7" x 7" or as large as 9" x 9" (or even larger if you and your partner agree on this!)
- You may have up to 3 partners. Exception: First time swappers are allowed only one partner, to allow you to ease into and learn about the swap process.
- If you and your partner would like to swap more than 2 dishcloths that is okay, just make sure that you discuss with each partner any potential extras.
- If you are feeling especially generous and want to spoil your partner that's fine too, just remember that spoiling is not expected
; therefore might not be equally reciprocated by your partner.* Due to the nature of a dishcloth, only natural fibers should be used, particularly cotton. Some good brands are: Dishie by Knit Picks (hands down, my favorite), Sugar & Cream, Peaches & Cream, I Love This Cotton, Cotton-Ease, and CotLin. Some people use hemp, linen, or bamboo. Acrylic yarn should not be used to make dishcloths.*
Communication is essential to the swap process. Participants should post once before or shortly after sending in their questionnaire, and after that should post here in the discussion thread once a week while the swap is running.
Posting on the thread is a great way to keep partners updated and get to know your fellow Craftsters better.
If you want to participate, PM the following questionnaire to organizer AugustBell
with subject line "Dishcloth Swap".
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Dishcloth Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
If necessary, would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
Would you like 1, 2, or 3 partners?
Do you knit, crochet, or both?
Do you have a preference (knit or crochet) for the cloths you receive?
Do you have a size preference?
Do you have a shape preference (square, round, star, etc)?
Do you like having cloths with a small loop attached so you can hang them if desired?
Do you have a special request (No guarantees)?
Do you or anyone in your home smoke?
Do you have pets?
Are you allergic to anything?
Specific knit/crochet stitches:
Specific knit/crochet stitches:
What's considered the best type of yarn to use to a dishcloth?
Anything else to tell your partner? (Great place to list Pinterest, Ravelry, Etsy favorites, Facebook, blog, etc.)IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.PARTICIPANTS:AugustBellMistress Jenniegeekgirl1000100curiousfaesmittenheartcraftADDchickMoonflamepottermouthPARTNERS:
AugustBell --> Mistress Jennie
AugustBell --> pottermouth
AugustBell --> smittenheart
craftADDchick --> smittenheart
curiousfae --> Moonflame
curiousfae --> Mistress Jennie
geekgirl1000100 --> Moonflame
geekgirl1000100 --> Mistress Jennie
Mistress Jennie -- > AugustBell
Mistress Jennie --> curiousfae
Mistress Jennie --> geekgirl1000100
Moonflame --> curiousfae
Moonflame --> geekgirl1000100
pottermouth --> AugustBell
smittenheart --> AugustBell
smittenheart --> craftADDchick