Here is a choker that I made from the inner wires that are found in a standard network cable:
The process of getting at these wires was a little difficult. I first had to strip to outer coating off, and then wind the inner individual cables into "skeins".
These wires were very hard to knit with; it felt like I was using my hands more than the needles. I used a US 9 because it was the only non-wood needle I had I was afraid I would break any wood ones, but I think it worked out to be the perfect needle size anyway. The choker is just worked in stockinette stitch which doesn't curl because the wires are too stiff. I just knit one row of each individual color of wire to mimic the look of how the colors are arranged at the end of a network cable where the poke out and are visible.