My inspiration for this project came from one of the free pattern fliers seen throughout the craft stores. I thought this blanket was so cute, that I had to have one.
The pattern is for a child-sized blanket. That was not such a big deal for me, though, since this blanket is made up of individual squares. All I had to do to get a bigger blanket is to make more squares than called for.
As always happens when I begin a big project, I got bored with it and set it aside. I just got so tired of making all these squares. I'm not even sure how long it took me to finish this blanket. It ended up larger than the child's size it was originally supposed to be, but smaller than the full, large adult size that I had originally intended. It ended up being 11 x 8 squares.