Here you can see that I outlined the lines of the tail, but it was a waste of time. You couldn't really see them on the finished project.
I don't know why it's wrinkly, but this is the biggest embroidery I've ever done and my first non words one. It's about 7 in. tall and 6. wide.I used satin stitch for the rainbow, hooves, and horn, split stitch for the mane and tail, and back stitch for the outline. I changed a few things like the ears and eyes. I don't like how the nose or how the front right hoof turned out. If I were doing this again, I would change the way the tail is to more of a lion's tail which is how it's depicted in some medieval paintings/tapestries, and do it in grays. Otherwise, I like it! Think I may turn it into a bag. Thanks for looking, c+c encouraged.
Hi, my name is Gratia, and I make felt animals. So far, I have made around 15 different types. This little hippo is one of my first patterns, and is very different from my current style. I plan on eventually taking pictures and posting all my animals on Craftster, but I'm sick and feeling lazy, so consider this like a teaser.
I've made many more hippos, some with antlers (hippopotomooses), and some with tye dye felt (hippiepotomi). He only took me about an hour from start to finish. Thanks for looking.
Edit: How can I fix it so that there's no error picture as a thumbnail? Thanks!
Hi, I'm making this blanket: http://thekidneybean.wordpress.com/crochet-patterns/chromium-star-blanket/ , but it's not laying flat, it's all ripply. I made one before, and it too was ripply, so for this one I'm using a bigger hook, but I still have the same problem. I have the right gauge, but it doesn't seem to help make it flat. Thanks! Also, I'm using the right size yarn. And I forgot the picture:
I was inspired to make one after I saw this post-http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378238.0, and decided that I needed to make one. However, I wasn't going to spend 16+ dollars/yard on some ruffle fabric, so I put it on the back burner and went on to other things. Today, I found some ruffle fabric at Jo-Ann's for 5 dollars/yard, so I squealed (yes, I actually did) and bought it all. The waistband is funny, but I'm not fixing it (again). It was really easy to make, and only took me about 45 minutes. If I make another one, I'm going to put in a zipper, not the elastic. Without further ado, and apologies for my rambling, here is my (knee length) ruffle skirt: The front:
The fishtail sorta thing in the back:
Close up of the fabric:
The tutorial I used-http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=378238.0
So, I started this early Feb. I got all the pieces cut out, then I started hand-sewing it. Big mistake. I ran out of steam after just one short tentacle and one long tentacle. So, I started it up again this past Sunday, and finished it last night. Now, without further rambing, my squid (PS-what should I name him? I want a play on words, like Squidartha or Bo-Squiddly (Both taken)):
If I could change anything, I would have centered the tentacles better, and used orange thread, not black, to sew him up.
I hope this makes sense: I am going to make a skirt. It's going to have an elastic waist band. After I make the fabric tube and put the elastic in, how do a) sew the elastic up, and b) sew the dress up without the elastic getting in the way. Thanks in advance.
I was bored today, so I made a hoody. It's the first one I've ever made, and it turned out fantastic, except for the fact that the sleeves are a little tight, so I can't really wear it with anything but a tank top. Which I'm not wearing. Also, sorry for the funny face, my mom wouldn't take them unless I smiled. One more thing, I'm not really that fat, the sweatshirt is just real baggy.
I made this one a little short, but, whatever. I don't have enough left of the polkadots to create another tube to sew on. The sleeves weren't supposed to be green, but I ran out of pink...oops...in this case, winging it didn't quite work. (It's too short because I had to cut off some pink for the hood...). I like it...and from now on, it was supposed to have green sleeves and be short...