So, a while ago (long long time ago) I saw this:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387208.0
and decided I *had* to do it. So, I found the reference picture and went for it.
Here you can see that I outlined the lines of the tail, but it was a waste of time. You couldn't really see them on the finished project.
I don't know why it's wrinkly, but this is the biggest embroidery I've ever done and my first non words one. It's about 7 in. tall and 6. wide.I used satin stitch for the rainbow, hooves, and horn, split stitch for the mane and tail, and back stitch for the outline. I changed a few things like the ears and eyes. I don't like how the nose or how the front right hoof turned out. If I were doing this again, I would change the way the tail is to more of a lion's tail which is how it's depicted in some medieval paintings/tapestries, and do it in grays. Otherwise, I like it! Think I may turn it into a bag. Thanks for looking, c+c encouraged.