I've researched a bit on this topic, and I read that melting PET bottles (the caps, actually) is safe to do in an oven, but I was wondering if someone here has actually done it. I have a toaster oven that heated a piece of plastic to the point where it softened (there was food inside at the time, so I freaked out and never knew if it'll melt completely).
I was concerned mostly about the toxic fumes I've read about. And what container to use to handle the plastic as it melts.
PS: I'd also like to know if someone has tried this and poured the melted plastic in a resin mold - which is my current plan for the project (a small badge, 2 inches). Does it stick to the mold, or does it pop out without adding anything to the mold?