Little Visitor Swap-- ROUND 20!!
Gallery : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=436488.new#new
first of all.....
This is a LONG swap. This cannot be your first Craftster swap; no exceptions. Please understand that we don't want anyone to go MIA, and although we won't be requiring weekly check-ins, it is expected that all participants check into the thread regularly and post pictures throughout the duration of the swap. (We will help out by periodically posting questions and/or photo challenges to keep the thread moving if needed!)
We reserve the right to refuse anyone. If you have feedback that shows a history of incomplete packages, late sending, ill-communication, lack of tracking #'s, etc., we may refuse you. We want this to be a flake-free swap!
*Participants who send/have sent more than two weeks late in previous little visitor swaps may not join this round.
Swap name: Little Visitor Swap Round 20
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Mountains and Clouds
Sign-up date range: (or until full)
Date to send out Little Visitor and their contract: November 5, 2014
Send Visitor Back Home: March 4, 2015
Limited to a certain number of people?: 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? 21
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each PARTICIPANT to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one months: YES
- Has posted at least 30 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understand that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE SIGNING UP!
Details of swap:
LV = LITTLE VISITOR
You will send a Little Visitor (LV) to your partner by November 4th. You can send an optional biography (likes/dislikes/personality traits) if you would like to.
Here is a sample BIO from the one of the previous rounds:http://thestuffmaker.livejournal.com/11346.html
You should work on finding/crafting/choosing your LV and writing his/her/its bio as soon as you are approved for the swap, since the first send-outs are less than a week after partners are matched up.
Post a photo of your LV in the thread.
Once you are accepted into the swap you must post in either this thread or the gallery regularly until the end of the swap. If you are going to be away please let the organizers AND your partner know. Spotty communication in the threads will be reflected in your swap feedback comments.
Once you receive your LV, show them around! You should visit at least 10 different areas/parts of town/activities so that they can get the real experience of your community. Of course, the more places they visit, the better! And be sure to take lots of pictures to send home with your new friend!
You will be required to send at least 15 printed pictures in a scrapbook/journal type thing. We know not everyone is a scrapper/paper crafter but please do you best to send something you are proud of. We highly recommend sending any additional pics on a CD or even a link to your Flickr/Photobucket gallery of your Little Visitor. Many people like to create a blog for their little visitor!
You are also required to send 3 souvenirs/ mementos from the LVs trip. The souvenirs can be crafted, bought, or both. Try to send souvenirs that are unique to your area! In previous rounds, craftsters have made their little visitors outfits or accessories, so you may do that too if you like. Discuss how much you'd like to send with your partner.
Send your LV home by March 4th. It is a long time for the swap to go on, but we want to give the LVs as many holiday excursions as possible! If you'd like to send the LV back earlier, again please discuss it with your partner.
IF YOU ARE MAILING WITHIN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, YOU MUST GET A TRACKING NUMBER when you send your own LV and when you send your partner's LV back home! If you’re mailing internationally, you MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT (or other proof of mailing that is approved by me before sending)! And we require a picture or scan of the postal receipts so we can verify the date that you sent, and that you did in fact mail your LV to your partner.
Here are some links to recent galleries:
* Post a photo of your LV in the thread
* Send your LV to your partner by November 4th, 2014.
* Take your LV around town and show them the sights! Make sure they have fun, and stay safe!
* Post photos of your adventures in the gallery
* Make the scrapbook/journal and make or buy some souvenirs for the LV to remember its trip by.
* Mail the LV, the scrapbook/journal, and the souvenirs back to your partner by March 4, 2015.
* Contact organizers when you send/receive - you MUST supply Tracking# or receipt EVERY time you post something.
Once you are matched up with your partner, please stay in contact with them! If you haven't heard from your partner in a while, please let us (organizers) know right away. I hope we don't have any flakers, but if we do, it's better if we catch them quickly.
THIS IS A COMPLICATED SWAP AND IT’S LONGER THAN MOST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read everything before you sign up, and make sure you can commit to everything.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE CHOOSING A STUFFY TO SEND
- Small is better than large. Not only do you have to ship it, your partner has to ship it back! Also, small LVs tend to be easier to haul around town than large ones. ALL LV's must be UNDER 8 inches tall by 6 inches wide. We have had issues with LVs being too large to bring in a purse etc.
- Please make sure your LV is durable enough to survive when traveling around in someone's bag, pocket, etc. We don't want any injuries!
- Swaps aren’t perfect, and neither is the mail system. Please don’t send something you’d be heartbroken to lose. There have also been flakers in previous rounds.
- For better photos, send a LV that is pose-able (this is just a suggestion, most will not be pose-able, and that is ok)
- Your partner might have allergies, so it’s best not to send something your cat loves to cuddle up with or that’s been sitting on a shelf next to your incense collection!
- LV doesn’t have to be a stuffed animal, feel free to send some sort of a doll/plastic toy/stuffed animal/poppet instead!
If you want to participate, PM me your info (see below) AND post here on the thread. That way I’ll know that you’ll get notification of anything I post here.
Please put “LV SWAP ROUND 20- Approval” as the subject!!! Send your completed questionnaire to the organizer (Mountains and Clouds). Failure to do so may delay your entry into the swap.
*Please note* If you would like to sign up with a partner, both people must submit a questionnaire. You WILL NOT be guaranteed a spot until both questionnaires have been received.
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Little Visitor Swap Round 20
Your real name:
Mailing address (as it would appear on a mailing label):
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country?
Would you prefer to ship to an address outside of your own country?
Please confirm that you are at least 21 years of age:
Do you have any allergies that would prevent you from exchanging your LV with smokers, pet owners etc.?
Do YOU have any FOOD allergies?
Is your LV from a home where people smoke?
Is your LV from a home with pets?
Name of LV:
Does your LV have a religious affiliation?
Does your LV have a political affiliation?
Would you like for your partner to include candy/foods from your area? (please look at your countries postal codes for sending/receiving food from outside of your country. Swappers within the USA shouldn't have any problems)
Does your LV have any specific food restrictions (veggie/vegan/carnivore/cannibal)?
Does your LV have any phobias (heights, clowns, etc)?
Anywhere in particular (or any type of place) your LV would like to go? (I will try to match people up so that the LV will get to see something different from their home environment.)
Have you done this swap before? List previous partners/locations if you want your LV to go somewhere different:
Where do you live? (i.e. a rural town, a large city, etc...)?
What kinds of sights would you like your LV to see?
What kinds of sights will you take your LV to see?
Do you want your LV to come home exactly as sent, or can they experience the joy (and possible stress!) of body modifications while traveling? (ie piercing, tattoo, new hair style)
Are you of legal drinking age where you live? Is your LV?
What sort of creature/gender/species is your LV?
What size is your LV?
Any type of LV you would not like to host?
List here anything that might offend you or your LV: (ie, religion, politics, booze, food preferences, etc)
Do you have/have access to a camera?
Can you fulfill the 15 printed pictures requirement?
Can you send the 3 souvenirs/mementos? (these can be handmade or storebought.)
Can you post a picture in the sign up thread of the LV you will be sending?
Anything else you would like to let your partner know?
Do you have a pinterest?
Are you signing up with a partner?
If so, who?
Send your completed questionnaire to the organizer (Mountains and Clouds). Failure to do so may delay your entry into the swap.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find general rules about participating in a Craftster swap.
____List of Participants:
1. Mountains and Clouds -HI, USA
2. Wildfyre - AK, USA
3. Smeddley - KS, USA
4. Alexampersandra - VA, USA
5. PhoenixFireDesigns - FL, USA
6. Roler - WA,USA/Japan
7. Alittlemusthave - SA, Australia
8. WhatthePuck - NC, USA
9. Ratfinkz -Suffolk, UK
10. PerfectlyBohemian - NC, USA
11. Waterbaby - CA, USA
12. Mialesca - Essen, Germany
13. ptarmic wumpus - MD, USA
14. GatorWrangler - MA, USA
15. crazyda79 - CA, USA
16. seeuudee - Hampshire, UK
17. Inselaeffchen - Edinburgh, UK
18. Hazelly - PA, USAPartners:Wildfyre <> Smeddley
Roler <> PhoenixFireDesigns
Mialesca <> Ratfinkz
Inselaeffchen <> Seeuudee
Waterbaby <> ptarmic wumpus
Crazyda79 <> WhatthePuck
Perfectly Bohemian <> GatorWrangler
Alexampersandra <> Mountains and Cloudssent LVLV has been receivedSent Package/LV backLV is back homeCONTACT ORGANIZER IMMEDIATELY